Monday, April 11, 2011

Real Style: Casio TRYX Out NYC with Nicki Minaj and The Roots

There was a bit of a delay in between the press conference and concert, so We decided to take a few pictures of Nicki Minaj fans in the building.

From wigs to bubble gum pink lipstick, they had it all.
I first stopped Niki, a 32-year-old New Jersey mom who was Minaj’d down to her crystal peppered Barbie necklace (a gift from her 15-year-old daughter). She said she liked Nicki because of her style and eccentricity. Her favorite Minaj song is “Save Me,” because, she said, “It helped me through a bad situation in my life.”
Alecia, also 32, said, “I like her style. She has more than one person inside of her, which makes you wonder who she really is. I adore her.” Her favorite Nicki Minaj song is “Right Thru Me,” because “Sometimes you have to really look deep within someone to see who they really are.”
22-year-old Chloe said she loved Nicki’s creativity. Regarding all the beef with Lil Kim, she said, “Every generation has their it girl, and Nicki is ours.”
Nedra, a 22-year-old Bostonian, said, “I can relate to Nicki’s animated personality. She is my alter ego.” Her favorite song, lyrically, is “Roman’s Revenge.”

Lastly, I snapped Heidyz and Joslyn. The ladies wouldn’t disclose their ages, but said they liked Nicki’s style and makeup. They were also fans of the song, “Roman’s Revenge.”
After chatting with the Nicki devotees (turns out most were entered in a look-a-like contest), I snapped a few other fashionable folks in the room.

I REALLY like Franz’s Shades of Grey Jacket, Cheap Monday Jeans, Jeremy Scott for Adidas sneakers, and funky hat by Stamped LA. He owns a clothing line called www.gentlemenknow.com.


Then migrated upstairs for Nicki’s performance:

She rocked the stage in funky tights and a Jeremy Scott for Adidas buttons jacket. Of being chosen to perform for Casio, she said, “I’ma tell you why this is so important. I’m a black girl from Southside Jamaica, Queens, and that is why I tell you Barbz, don’t give up.” Love it.
While upstairs I also ran into Somaya of Love and Hip-Hop:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive